Search the forum,

Discuss Planning a level access shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought that Hardiebacker was meant to replace plasterboard in shower/bath areas. I'm clearly mistaken or have been misinformed along the way.

Just bought 14 from Selco. I believe I will be charged a restocking fee. Maybe I could board over the blockwork in the non wet areas with it?

Reaction score
This is from the Hardiebacker website. I have been mis-sold!
"HardieBacker® tile backerboard is a fibre cement tiling backerboard especially suited to installation as a tiling base in wet areas. HardieBacker is water resistant, fire resistant and mould resistant; and is often used as alternative to plywood, chipboard, plasterboard as tiling backer board."

F

Flintstone

I've recently tiled on a delta Thames tray and thought it was good and the waste was also good. Can't go wrong with delta / pcs in my opinion

F

Flintstone

Water resistant, meaning it won't break down but will allow water to pass through. You need water proof in the wet area. The Hardie is fine in the dry areas.

W

Waluigi

The thought of cutting, shaping, handling and fixing 12mm Hardiebacker onto walls vs the ease of cutting, handling and fixing of a cement faced foam board- you’ll be thanking the people of the forum which will outweigh the hassle of returning the Hardiebacker.

Reaction score
Only problem I can see is that the studs are 400 centres which is ok for Hardiebacker, but the other type boards appear to be 600 wide. So can I place them horizontally without fixing a load of extra noggins?

W

Waluigi

The boards won’t be supported properly when placed horizontally. I would pop some extra studs in and put some long boards in. I tend to use CLS. It’s straighter.

Reply to Planning a level access shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen