Search the forum,

Discuss PC under attack in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I have just managed to get back on line after 30 minutes trying.
I had a warning that my pc was under attack from a virus. I have AVG and Microsoft security essentials running all the time. The message says attack from 222.92.185.146 port 19861, attacked port 31064, Threat; Bankerfox.A
I am then asked if I want to block the attack, if I say yes it takes me to a webpage to purchase the download, if I say no it just keeps sending this pop message. I have at least 50 red warning boxes that keep appearing at the bottom right hand corner. I can hear them as I type, one pops up every second or so. I cant open the control panel because I get a message saying its infected, I cant open my security centre because thats supposedly infected.
I use firefox to browse, this thing keeps opening windows explorer, another big box has just popped up saying I am infected with spyware and I cant close it. There is a green icon in the corner that has just appeared, it gives me a message in broken english that I have to buy something.

What is this stuff and how can I stop it, I have restarted the pc 3 times
now. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

D

diamondtiling

Update, it appears that the FBI have now scanned my pc and are contacting the local police because of some files on my pc? WTF if going on? The boxes are now in their hundreds and growing.

:incazzato::incazzato:

T

TheWrightTiler

if you can get online download mcafee stinger and run it

if not then email me and il forward it

ta
andy

T

TheWrightTiler

Update, it appears that the FBI have now scanned my pc and are contacting the local police because of some files on my pc? WTF if going on? The boxes are now in their hundreds and growing.

:incazzato::incazzato:
not funny scaring u like this:ban:

M

mikethetile

i had this last year and it was a job to get the pc back

our anti virus cleared it but untill the duchess gets home i cant tell you how as she did it last time

D

diamondtiling

All my icons have now disappeared and I have 4 rows of red warning flags at the bottom of the screen, I am downloading Neale's link.

Fingers crossed.

G

Gazzer

BankerFox.A is a Trojan that is designed to steal users' banking data related to certain banking entities.When they access any website of the affected banks through the Firefox browser, the Trojan is activated and logs the information entered by the user. All the information entered in that website will be logged by the Trojan.
BankerFox.A does not spread automatically using its own means. It needs an attacking user's intervention in order to reach the affected computer. The means of transmission used include, among others, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, email messages with attached files, Internet downloads, FTP, IRC channels, peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing networks, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PC under attack in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen