Discuss palace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Y

yoza 114

has any 1 used palace adhesives before.I used the super grip 2 day for the first time found it good

C

Concept PHT

Thats correct wivers - thats what I got told too.

The topps by me in Cannock has re introduced BAL back onto its shelves, and no Toppfix.

W

wivers

Been using Bal Grip all week. Great grab on it, git to get off your hands! I gotta throw my new trowl away too coz i fogot to clean it before i rushed down the bakers for lunch, DOH!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Been using Bal Grip all week. Great grab on it, git to get off your hands! I gotta throw my new trowl away too coz i fogot to clean it before i rushed down the bakers for lunch, DOH!!

Rub it all off with your rubbing stone :) That'll teach you!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Heard a couple of people lately say that the palace tub adhesives have good grab etc etc. Have they changed anything recently?

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
I have used palace super grip class b adhesive for walls for ages now and find there is no stronger tub gear out there, and ive tried them all I used to do a demo in the training centre with a 9mm 30x30 floor tile, half fill the back, stick it on the wall, draw a line under it, leave in for 30 mins and bring everyone back to see if it had moved, same place on the line every time, payed £4.50 direct from palace, used their multi flex as well under a tenner done the job with no problems to date, Bal is obviously a great make but is getting on the expensive side and if your supplying materials can make the difference between getting the job or not, Bal best for grouts though

L

Leatherface

I have used palace super grip class b adhesive for walls for ages now and find there is no stronger tub gear out there, and ive tried them all I used to do a demo in the training centre with a 9mm 30x30 floor tile, half fill the back, stick it on the wall, draw a line under it, leave in for 30 mins and bring everyone back to see if it had moved, same place on the line every time, payed £4.50 direct from palace, used their multi flex as well under a tenner done the job with no problems to date, Bal is obviously a great make but is getting on the expensive side and if your supplying materials can make the difference between getting the job or not, Bal best for grouts though

Cheers Darren - would like to see more posts by people like you - forum can be a bit bleak sometimes - many newbies and not so many experienced.
Cheers :) :) :) :)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Palace used to have a bad name and sometimes names stick, there tub gear is quite stiff to trowel but you get used to it, its the no battens, non slip properties that make it exceptional, just stike up your level tile line half way up the wall and tile straight along it, level it off with your spirit level and then tile down to the floor

W

wivers

What size tile would you go up to with a tub adhesive. I've always worked on 1 sq ft?

W

wivers

Althought i did use Bal grip on a job with large format tiles. It held them fine, i let them dry for a couple of days on advice from some of the lads, after they had slapped my wrists.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Ive put ceramic tiles on plasterboard walls over 30x30 with tub stuff, because the walls are flat, if going on to uneven surfaces with any 45x45 or 60 x30, the descrepencies in the wall will require you to use a larger format trowel like a floor trowel on the wall, i would use a cement based as they are much stronger in this case, be sure to prime any new plastered surface if using cement adhesive as cement and plaster react together causing failures, use a good acrylic primer like BAL apd

Reply to palace in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks