Search the forum,

Discuss Outdoor Tiling Substrate Prep - How to set a Gradient in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

itidiot

Hi All,

Just done my bathroom (4 tiles left) and started my kitchen this weekend(just got wet cuts left to do). Now started to think on how I am going to tackle tiling my outside patio 7m x 4m when the weather warms up. Back in October i had a patio poured in concrete but the gradient is not very good and rain pools in two areas. Going to tile this in 600 x 600 porc. tiles to match our kitchen tiles (exterior frost ones). Our house is tiny so we installed bifolds doors in the attempt to make the patio look like part of the house

wish they had gradient leveling compound!

p.s. going to enter my bathroom & kitchen in Armature JOTM. So you can all have a laugh:smilewinkgrin:
p.p.s would you use ditra outside?

Cheers

P

peckers

could you not flush out the area that is pooling with adhesive first? or if you want to make the entire gradient steeper then you could lay tapered battens down and then screed between these to get your falls, you could also use addy to do this depends on the depth you need to achieve though? or sand and cement screed if you got the depth for it?
as to the ditra I wouldnt put it down as the concrete will have been put down long enough by the time you get to do it, unless there is cracking or signs off movement, ensure you get a solid bed fixing with the addy though!

I

itidiot

cheers guys - just now need to test out my carpentry skills to taper 7m lengths :lol:

W

White Room

If your using timbers just pack out one end with screed and just make sure they all have the same fall...

D

deankyall

if you have no depth for sand and cement,use ptb adhesive , can be mixed with sand ,to form a sort of mini screed ,works fine but not cheap,prime floor first. use batons and place a level on top to work out your fall, do it in bays,will be easier for you,using batons to screed off,when the bed is dry, remove batons and in fill where the batons were.

Reply to Outdoor Tiling Substrate Prep - How to set a Gradient in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen