Search the forum,

Discuss Opinions on the best stay White grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

daz825

I've always used BAL microban grout because I like how it spreads, the drying times, washing off times but mainly because I'm so used to working with it but a customer asked me today to assure her that the grout I was using would definatly not go black which of course I did but it got me thinking which one is really the best for staying clean and White the longest? Like i say I always like toUse the same gear so I've got limited experience with the others.

M

Mike

if it's going black there must be other issues, dampness coming through or no ventilation/extraction

D

DHTiling

I've always used BAL microban grout because I like how it spreads, the drying times, washing off times but mainly because I'm so used to working with it but a customer asked me today to assure her that the grout I was using would definatly not go black which of course I did but it got me thinking which one is really the best for staying clean and White the longest? Like i say I always like toUse the same gear so I've got limited experience with the others.

The grout will stop white for years if they look after it and clean it correctly... as a fixer never give a guarantee on grout staying white.. just advise on looking after it.. the rest is down to the customer.

J

JRCCR

I use microflex, but as you know, all grout will discolour over time. I don't actually know how long they stay white for, I suppose it depends on how often its cleaned? My bathroom has been tiled for about 3 years now and the grout is still white, missus cleans it alot though lol.

Reply to Opinions on the best stay White grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen