Search the forum,

Discuss no room under my washing machine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shogun rua

Hi,

I have chipboard down on my kitchen which im tiling i was going to put 12mm ply down but the space between the washing machine and work top
is 17mm and the tile is 9mm is the any tips?

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

I wouldn't go that far as the washing machine will move without feet a might scratch the floor

Is the floor deflection free?

S

shogun rua

hi,

if i take them off would the vibration be to much for the tiles?

cheers

paul

G

Gazzer

I had this problem once with a washing machine at the end of the unit, after discussing all options including raising the worktops which would have been a bigger job than the floor itself. We came up with a solution by making the work top over the washing machine removable and i routed out half of the worktop on the underside. It wasnt the prettiest way but they were delighted.

S

shogun rua

Hi,

What if i put 6mm ply down i know its not an option in somebody elses house but its ma kitchen?

Paul

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I had this problem once with a washing machine at the end of the unit, after discussing all options including raising the worktops which would have been a bigger job than the floor itself. We came up with a solution by making the work top over the washing machine removable and i routed out half of the worktop on the underside. It wasnt the prettiest way but they were delighted.
That's the only suggestion I could ever come up with but it's a bit of a maul. Its worth it though if it's the only option.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
you could cut round the machine,this is not a good practice but i have done it once in the past as there was no other option,,neatly cut with the feet raised as high as they can go on the machine and you lose the cut under the machine ,always keep spare tiles for future incase the machine breaks down and needs replaced

Reply to no room under my washing machine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen