Search the forum,

Discuss No More Ply, Or Insulation Boards? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

The think the only reason for concern for using insulation boards on such a large area would be if you used really thin boards and there was a risk of the boards being compressed too much by people trampling over them prior to laying the SLC.
If you can control/prevent who is walking over them there shouldn't be a problem.

T

Tile Shop

On a solid base, Marmox Multiboard can handle 40 tonnes per m2. Does King Kong visit often? It has been designed with this very purpose in mind, so I doubt very much its going to fail. The SLC will also help evenly spread the weight and heat distribution.

Also, using nomoreply will allow heat to go down into the subfloor aswell as up.... It will therefore run less efficiently and your running costs will be higher.

F

Flintstone

Apparently the tech support for whichever thermal board company said the thin 6mm board isn't strong enough for the job!

T

Tile Shop

We do the thermogroup econoboard and never had any complaints or failures. Way cheaper than some of the coated versions like the marmox above. but laid with a solid bed and 5-6mm of SLC, once tiled will be more than tough enough,

My preference will always be coated boards though. Board wise for UFH I'd always go for insulation over cement based boards.

F

Flintstone

Not sure if they were supposed to be coated or un coated. It's having no more ply. I'm confident in that stuff. I don't think running costs are a concern to this customer!

Reply to No More Ply, Or Insulation Boards? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen