Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss NEWBIE Stuck on Self levelling Compound in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

SiRockson

I have been researching the best way to prepare an old screed floor of 45m2 with no dpm, ready to take uniclic bamboo flooring. As there is a lot of knowledge about SLC on here thought i would ask.

I have used a water based epoxy primer paint for the DPM with aggregate added to provide a mechanical key to receive the Self levelling compound.

I need to raise the floor 10 -12 mm to receive the final floor.

1) Do I need to use Eco prim grip as a primer before I use the Mapei Ultraplan renovation screed or will the previous coating of the epoxy primer with mechanical key be sufficient?

2) Are Mapei a reliable brand self levelling screed?

3) And is this the best way to level and raise the floor?

4) Is a tiler or Plasterer best to lay the self levelling compound as i feel the area is too large for an amateur?

5) I was told to use Bitumen based emulsion as a dpm blinded with sand to provide a key. I have done this in one room. Any suggestions to deal with this?

Si:mad2:​

D

DHTiling

Hi and welcome..

Is the floor flat enough as it is and just that you want to build up the height..?

S

SiRockson

Also can anyone give me an idea of what I should be charged to lay the 45m2 or Self levelling compound 10 mm. Labour only!!

D

DHTiling

We do not discuss prices in the public sections of this forum...

If the floor is uneven then SLC'ng is the way to go.. and that area could be SLC'd in quite a short time scale, so in theory it shouldn't cost you a bomb but that depends on who does it.. :)

Reply to NEWBIE Stuck on Self levelling Compound in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks