Search the forum,

Discuss New Tilers Support - 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CLAYS TILES

Hi, I have to fix a line of glass tiles 50mm x 50mm as a horizontal strip between white ceramic tiles. Should I use a different adhesive or use the adhesive that I am using for the rest of the tiling. I am using BAL white star. Thanks

wow we must be doing the same job!
i have just started doing EXACTLY the same set-up!
spooky

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
hello folks it takes about 3 1/2 days to do a bathroom of in or around 30 to 40 sq meters charge about 350 to 400 pound dont price jobs by sq. meters as that does not take into account for rough floors/walls which can take up a fair amount of time to prepare. prefection always comes before speed and my customers know that hence the reason for not advertiseing in 4 years i have lost 2 jobs that i have priced. ps i wonder is that also because i am to cheap hhhmmm.

X

xc7075

getting started

can any one give me any work to get started did the course at north east tiling 05/nov/07 thank you

K

kitas

Hi there,
Im new in London. Do have experience in tiling though. Can you please advice of productive ways of geting jobs?

Cheers

R

Ric

there is a fantastic thread type in 'finding work'can't remember who posted it though!

its by tiler burden for plasterers but applies to tilers too

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
can any one give me any work to get started did the course at north east tiling 05/nov/07 thank you

Hi there,
Im new in London. Do have experience in tiling though. Can you please advice of productive ways of geting jobs?

Cheers

I'd have a read through THESE topics and then go from there. If you're self-employed and want to advertise your services you can register on websites like www.findtrustedtradesmen.co.uk and get some cards in your local tile shop once your up to speed and standards etc.

Try doing a few friends and family jobs first to practice and then see if you feel ready to charge for it.

Tiling Jobs as such though are rare. You'd only really find contractors to pass you work and they'd usually want you to be self-employed.

Last edited:
P

plumbersmate

Hi there,

Cheers
contact, and team up with a plumber/plumbers, or advertise in local paper - small ad to start with (you don't want all your profit to disappear!) beware big glossy mags who pester you to advertise in their publication - the mags usually end up in obscure places where your potetial customers are unlikely to see, let alone read them.

A

alansp

Hi there all

just finished the tiling course at nett got a couple of jobs to do for my self but with the day job was hoping to try and get weekend work to start me off. Has any one got any jobs or know the best way to get work for weekends

B

Brindle

Kitchen sockets...

Hi folks,

Have just tiled a small kitchen with 3" porcelain tiles. on 2 double sockets they worked out to be one tile at the top edge where I couldn't insert an edge of tile, as there was no surface to affix to.
Is there any cures for this? I started with full tile from worktop, and central to cooker hood so was down to luck where they landed really

Cheers guys

Reply to New Tilers Support - 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen