Search the forum,

Discuss New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

IF ONLY OF THAT THICKNESS WILL BE OK TO TILE ONCE DRY , WILL NEED TO PRIME SUFACE AS HARD WALL IS DUSTY ONCE DRY... DAVE..

P.S.should be dry 48 hrs..

A

Andy N

Thanks mate, means i can have a day off today while it drys.

A

altile

Thanks Dan. I have 2 questions relating to Travertine floor tiles.:
1) what is best cleaning product to prep existing ceramic tile floor for travertine to go on top of bal rapidset flex white?

2) 400 mm sq 12 thick tiles. What spacers? I prefer as small a gap as poss so was thinking of 2mm. Anybody horrified to hear that?

Many thanks, all.

V

Varley

Nota at all mate, the size of the grout gap is just down to personal preference, I have seen marble floors with 1mm gap and looked very nice.

D

DHTiling

totally agree . space as you u see fit.. dave..

S

Sean Garford

Hi Dan,

Slight problem, i have fixed some Q rock black porcelain tiles, they said at topps that they did not need sealing but i am struggling to get the grey grout out of them. Do you have any suggestions and what should i seal them with?

Many Thanks,
Sean.

S

Scottish Mark

Hi Dan, measured a job last night its bathroom walls 18.5m2 customer has own tiles most of the walls have new plaster board but above the bath is concrete about 2.14m wide and haif meter high i quoted £350 thats including adhesive etc... says can i give her a day or 2 to think about it any advice?:happy:

V

Varley

Thats a very reasonable price Scottish Mark, I would have been quoting round about that price plus materials.

G

GazTech

Hi Dan,

Slight problem, i have fixed some Q rock black porcelain tiles, they said at topps that they did not need sealing but i am struggling to get the grey grout out of them. Do you have any suggestions and what should i seal them with?

Many Thanks,
Sean.
Sean there is a Fila impregnator for polished porcelain,q rock is not a fully polished only semi-polished,dosn't need impregnator.Because it's surface is riven,and I presume your grout residue has stuck,use Fila extra strong residue remover,it will come up like new Trust me I'm a tile doctor:wink_smile:

S

Sean Garford

Thanks Gaz,

i Tried that and i could not shift it for love nore money mate and i have ended up re-laying the floor, what a nightmare!! i dont understand why it would not come out. Thanks for the info though its appreciated. Sean

Reply to New Tilers Support - 1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen