Search the forum,

Discuss New notched trowels? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

Has anyone seen or used the new design 'notched' trowels, like the one in the pic, but i have seen some other designs too, like the ones at YTA (are they still a sponsor)

Attachments

• P1NT1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
That's different, surely with the different size teeth your gonna get less coverage or at least different thickness's of addy on the back of the tile. Is it an 8mm with bigger 10mm inserts, in which case your using more addy than needed, if 8mm is needed ( profits ) or is it a 10mm with smaller 8mm inserts in which case the coverage may be a problem. No doubt their homework has been done, it will be interesting either way.

B

burncross

another type here, i'v not used one myself, but i'm sure one of the guys on here will have?

Attachments

• holotopsmall.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 134
B

brian c

i have got a brand new set of these trowels...never used them...very heavy.I won them at KBB.:lol:pLATINUM TOOLS make them.

B

brian c

no,seriously i won them,i was with Devonmark and Grumpygouter ask them,also won two cutters and some other tools...:smilewinkgrin:

G

grumpygrouter

I think you will find that the notch design is designed to give full coverage in all situations, and tries to eliminate the need to back butter tiles.

Karl Dahm do similar things with something called a "Euro Notch" trowel.

Reply to New notched trowels? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen