Search the forum,

Discuss New Forum Software - New Style - New Features in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I find the new site quite confusing and difficult to navigate myself. Not a criticism , just my view and experience so far.
Be happier once tapatalk is up and running.

Diggy

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I find the new site quite confusing and difficult to navigate myself. Not a criticism , just my view and experience so far.
Be happier once tapatalk is up and running.

Diggy
It's okay even if it was a criticism Diggy. I need feedback of all types to improve the place.

Good thing is, it's very new so I can customise it and people not really notice it so its best to do it sooner rather than later before we all get used to it.

Anything specifically that you're struggling to find or navigate to? What device are you using?

J

J Sid

Is there a button or someway I can ignore a thread / stop it appearing on my screen, was thing your joke thread, it going to drive me mad ;(

M

Marvo

I don't mind the look and navigation of the forum. Page load times are pretty slow for me but this might not be a problem for those in the UK with first world internet speeds. There's an in-browser lag when typing text of about 20 seconds so the text is appearing very slowly in the text box long after I've actually typed it. There's also a lag when scrolling down the pages, scrolling is very lumpy and sticky. Actually that delay in the text appearing is up to a minute and I'm a very slow one- fingered typist.

Browser is Opera and OS is WinXP SP2 running on an appaulingly old and slow Amilo laptop with 512meg Ram and a blisteringly fast Celeron 1.4Ghz processor.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind the look and navigation of the forum. Page load times are pretty slow for me but this might not be a problem for those in the UK with first world internet speeds. There's an in-browser lag when typing text of about 20 seconds so the text is appearing very slowly in the text box long after I've actually typed it. There's also a lag when scrolling down the pages, scrolling is very lumpy and sticky. Actually that delay in the text appearing is up to a minute and I'm a very slow one- fingered typist.

Browser is Opera and OS is WinXP SP2 running on an appaulingly old and slow Amilo laptop with 512meg Ram and a blisteringly fast Celeron 1.4Ghz processor.

There shouldn't be lag.

Lag when scrolling suggests the browser has issues. Or even graphics card if it an old machine.

Try a different browser for me please?
Www.google.com/chrome for example.

M

Marvo

I don't have Chrome installed but I've logged in using Firefox. The page load times are equally slow in fact maybe marginally slower and the lag in typing in the text box is far worse, I'm typing blind because so far only the first few words have appeared literally acsingle letter at a time.

It's similar to a complete lack of resources ssue like when you defrag with an AV scan in the background and everything literally grinds to a halt. I'm wondering if it's the advertising bars slowing things down but can't turn it off to see if thee's a difference.

My laptop doesn't have a graphics card it's very old and it used shared RAM for graphics.

I've just clicked on the 'more options' button and it's opened an advanced reply type box which is far more responsive, it works fine with no noticable delay whilst typing.. I think this is the only way I could use the forum.

A

Alan M

im not sure how I feel about the new set up yet.
it is all a bit confusing and im lost most of the time.

one thing I don't like is that the time and date of the post is at the bottom of the post so I have to scroll down to see when it was posted. if its old I have to stay going down until I find the new one then go back up to start reading. so far I started reading old posts and got a bit of de cha view

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have Chrome installed but I've logged in using Firefox. The page load times are equally slow in fact maybe marginally slower and the lag in typing in the text box is far worse, I'm typing blind because so far only the first few words have appeared literally acsingle letter at a time.

It's similar to a complete lack of resources ssue like when you defrag with an AV scan in the background and everything literally grinds to a halt. I'm wondering if it's the advertising bars slowing things down but can't turn it off to see if thee's a difference.

My laptop doesn't have a graphics card it's very old and it used shared RAM for graphics.

I've just clicked on the 'more options' button and it's opened an advanced reply type box which is far more responsive, it works fine with no noticable delay whilst typing.. I think this is the only way I could use the forum.
Okay well if a couple of people are experiencing this, it needs looking into.

Leave it with me. I might need you to do some testing for me. So I'll be in touch.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
im not sure how I feel about the new set up yet.
it is all a bit confusing and im lost most of the time.

one thing I don't like is that the time and date of the post is at the bottom of the post so I have to scroll down to see when it was posted. if its old I have to stay going down until I find the new one then go back up to start reading. so far I started reading old posts and got a bit of de cha view

Yeah to be fair I've been replying to old threads so they come into view again for various reasons. So a lot you'll see that appears current is old. But those that don't get replied to will drop off the list quite quickly (a week or so).

The date location isn't going to change though. Couple of tips, you can see when a thread was started in the thread list. If it was last week, all replies are since then, obviously. Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the first post as you read a thread, the date is there too.

Reply to New Forum Software - New Style - New Features in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen