Search the forum,

Discuss Mould/mildew resistant grout silicone sealant question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

what

What make is the most proven currently available mold / mildew resistant white grout and also white silicon sealant ? - is there something which will last forever ?

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What make is the most proven currently available mold / mildew resistant white grout and also white silicon sealant ? - is there something which will last forever ?
Not sure about which grout will give you best performance, however , There is a silicone sealant called forever white , by a company called everbuild. They claim it is guaranteed to stop black mould. It's got a 10 year guarantee not to discolour due to mould growth.

T

Time's Ran Out

Dow Corning for sealant.
Epoxy white would be the longest without discolouration.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The secret is not to lick your finger to smooth the silicone, as a lot of people do. You immediately put bacteria from your saliva into the silicone. Use a finishing tool for a superior even bead.

D

Dumbo

The secret is not to lick your finger to smooth the silicone, as a lot of people do. You immediately put bacteria from your saliva into the silicone. Use a finishing tool for a superior even bead.
I don't agree I've been on a special diet to get my fingers the correct fatness for finishing silicone and now I have achieved optimimum fatness they work better than finishing tool as you get superior feed back of feel .

O

One Day

all anti mould silicones simply inhibit the growth of mould 'within' the silicone. Same with grouts.
mould can and will grow ON anything, so rinsing and cleaning is key here.
epoxy is best for maintenance.

Reply to Mould/mildew resistant grout silicone sealant question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Small quantity of 20 x 31.6 in white required to replace broken tiles.
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen