Search the forum,

Discuss mitred tiles in wet room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bramleyman

installed preformed tray with falls for wet room floor. As tiles are to be mitred into the drain should the cut edges of tile be sanded in any way to give a less sharp edge if so is there a specific tool for this please?
regards Alf

G

Gazzer

If they are ceramic...or anything really you can get rubbing stones, either the cheap sort or the diamond pad type to dress the edges. But, Seeing as the envelope cuts will be pointing down and not up you shouldn't be able to get a sharp edge if the tiles are set correct.

A

Alan M

i still think you should knock the sharp edge off the tile. those edges can be razor sharp. i have a cheap diamond sharponing stone (aldi job i think for sharpening chisels etc) 2-3 swipes and its perfect

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As the mitres are internal mitres ( as in they meet in a valley, rather than a ridge) they should not need smoothing. However you should cut the mitred lines on a wet saw, thus leaving a grout joint, and not knocking off the other grout lines. This will give a smooth cut anyway. Here's one i did this week
2012-09-22 10.53.41.jpg

G

Gazzer

Indeed it is good practice anyway to rub the edge of the tile on cuts. This said some tiles need it more than others.

B

bramleyman

nice room , wet saw it is then. First wet room for me so steep learning curve.
regards Alf

P

PHG

Nice wetroom pictures :thumbsup:

and of course anyone requiring wetroom supplies, please do contact us for the best prices.

Reply to mitred tiles in wet room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen