Search the forum,

Discuss Metro tiled corners, scribe in and best silicone method? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Morning all,

Just wanted peoples thoughts on finishing metro tiles, specifically in the corners? Even with nice cutting you still get a diamond effect in the corners that in some cases depending on the depth difference of the metro edge can look a bit off. Do you guys scribe in to minimise this effect? also, with the silicone finish, I use a fugi kit and consider myself a quality finisher with it but find it very difficult to use with the metro finish so was wondering what other methods people may use?

Have done plenty of metro's lately and the finish is fine but always looking to improve hence the questions.

Many thanks John.

Reaction score
Grouting and siliconing metro tiles -
If grouting tiles using a different colour grout, I use a colour match with tile/trim to give best looking finish (e.g. white tiles with dark grey grout, use white grout between tile and trim).
Experience in corners where colour drift may occur, use same colour silicone as colour of tile (e.g. white silicone with white tile).

F

Flintstone

I always cut them straight, then silicone the corners in white, even if using grey grout. Unless cream metros of course then cream silicone.

D

dave l and l

i usually colour match the grout with the silicone. so grey grout means grey silicone in corners, i also use one of the smaller profiles on silicone tool and really take my time doing it.

Reply to Metro tiled corners, scribe in and best silicone method? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen