Search the forum,

Discuss Metal/glass mosaic advice and opinions for first timer in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

Keraflex dries fairly white, Mapei P10 and Kerakoll H40 (Tena Flex) are very white. Ive used both with glass mosaics, and the P10 on glass that has a metallic backing. Ive also used Keraflex Maxi on glass tiles with a white backing.
As Ive mentioned before Its worth contacting the supplier/manufacturer to see if they recommend an adhesive. Thats what I do if I come across something Ive not worked with before.
The main problem with coatings on glass tiles/mosaics is whether the adhesive will eventually affect the coating and discolour it.

S

seneca

Thanks MissTiler. I followed your recommendation of Keraflex Maxi and it did a great job on the field tiles. Whilst using it, I did small test on a spare piece of mosaic and it bonded well. 2 weeks later it still looks fine. Unsure if any reaction would occur over a longer time, but will use the keraflex anyway. The manufacturer didn't recommend an adhesive when I spoke to them and other than saying a cement based adhesive weren't at all helpful. The P10 was recommended by a tiling store I bought some supplies from. Wasn't sure if it was any better than the Keraflex in terms of bonding strength or ease of use. He said it was stronger and allowed more adjustment of the mosaic. Any views on the differences or which you would say was better? I will need to buy one for the mosaic, and the p10 is avaible in 5kg bags, but the keraflex only 20kg, so I'll be left with a lot spare after my narrow strips are done.

Reply to Metal/glass mosaic advice and opinions for first timer in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen