Search the forum,

Discuss Marmox Showerlay 360 in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

jwn

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The tiles are 5mm. Not sure about the collar, the tray seemed made up one way with no alteration, also no mention of the collar on the instructions. :confused:

W

WetSaw

20190324_113929.jpg

jwn

TF
Reaction score
That doesn't seem applicable here though? I had the chrome frame twisted right down. So with the frame screwed right down its still not low enough for 5mm tiles? Isn't that a common thickness for these types of tiles?

W

WetSaw

The guide says it goes from 3 - 25mm. drainspec-s.jpg

Unfortunately the clearance is something that should have been checked before you started tiling.

jwn

TF
Reaction score
So if its screwed right down its 3mm but a 5mm tile cant reach the top of the frame, doesn't make any sense. To be honest I wouldn't have continued to put the tiles down after realising but the shower had to be put into use. The showerlay seems to have a really good fall so I guess ill have to just take up some tiles and render it.

B

Bill

The chrome frame was screwed down as far as it would go, so its nothing to do with the height adjustment. They were thick tiles so should clear it perfectly, I even used a 6mm trowel. I will ring marmox and see what they say.
5mm is not thick in tiling terms.

B

Bill

User error then, sorry but you are going to have to rip it up - it is possible you could get away with taking a 3 inch section around the drain to see if you can screw it down further or push it in further then retile.

It all depends on how well the tiles are stuck.

I redid a shower tray last month that had failed and managed to take a small section of tiles out.

jwn

TF
Reaction score
How can I screw it down further if it is already screwed down as far as it can go? Tile size is fine I checked with marmox. I'm starting to wonder if there is another drain frame screwed in.

Reply to Marmox Showerlay 360 in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen