Search the forum,

Discuss marmox onto ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all,ive not worked with marmox before and was wandering what thickness it needs to be for overlaying on 18 mm ply upstairs floor ?:smilewinkgrin:

B

Bubblecraft

You can fit a minimum of 6mm but depends on how much you wish to insulate & height restrictions

B

Bubblecraft

I would have said 10mm for floor boards but not for 18mm ply. Why minimum of 10mm Dave on ply?

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The reason i ask is ive allways used hardi backerboards for wooden substrates,but ive seen a pretty good deal on marmox boards.I need to order the 20mm curved board anyway so thought i would try them out as a cheaper alternative as long as the 6 mm board is fine for floors:smilewinkgrin:

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got interupted in my last post by my tub of soup exploding in the microwave !!I opened the door and my "New York natcho chilli soup" flowed out:yikes: .I also wanted to ask if the marmox is a good substitute for the hardi superior in any way (regards to cost).Im a little dubious after dave saying 10mm minimum.

G

Gazzer

Better insulation IMO with Marmox but I know Hardi and No More Ply etc may argue that.

Q

Qwerty

I always use the 10mm marmox boards over 18mm ply, but I cannot actually find anything on the marmox site which states a minimum thickness for the floor

Reply to marmox onto ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen