Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss mark up on materials in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

lcjohno

TF
Reaction score
In this tough time trying to get work do you all try and make a bit of money on all your materials, for example if you get a bag of grout for 7 quid do you charge the customer 8,9 or 10 quid for it? Or do you just give it the customer at your price?

Just be intrested to see what others do, i usually try and make a little on some things, you do have to go and get the stuff after all.

Look forward to any responses, cheers.

I

Ian

Usually about 15% mark up on addy grout etc. I buy adhesive 30 or 40 bags at a time so can make a decent mark up on it. If the customers accept my quotes I let them have tiles at full discount

Q

Qwerty

Its all factored into my m2 price, or day rate (whichever I am working on). If it is a small job, then I always round up to nearest £10 or so

Reaction score
i get a discount but i will split it between my customer and myself but only after i have completed the job my quote is always full price and if i get the job fine and if the customer behaves whilst im doing their work i will split it so my finished price is lower than i originally quoted but if they are a pain then full price and no negotiation

H

hillhead

Every little helps these days.
I was offered laticrete addy this morning at a tenner a bag !

S

SandyFloor

It depends on how you price your jobs but you want to make something to cover your time picking the stuff up at least.

T

Time's Ran Out

I just put a price in for doing the job - all in.
If they want a break down of costings then they would usually not be our clients.
Just give value for money, make a living, and be happy that you can deliver a good job for the contract value.:smilewinkgrin:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
im a big softie,if i like the look of the people then i usually let them go to the tile shop i use in burnley,pick their tiles and get them at my prices,same with addy and grout.
if i don't take to them or they are know it alls,well thats a completely differant story:smilewinkgrin:

C

CJ CERAMICS

i do the same as timeless john.....i price the job at my costings plus what i need for labour. Only if the customer wants something different or extra do i charge more than discount price to cover petrol etc

Reply to mark up on materials in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks