Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Opinions in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just let them read the thread Gaz, that should do it.
Although it may look like they've tanked the floor. What's that grey paint at skirting level in the 3rd and second to last image?
From what You can see the "Tanking only comes up approx 4 " at best .,
Whether he has coated the floor or just the 90 degree angle I can't say ... But I would ( going on what I can see) assume the worse case scenario ..:(
Just too add ... I met the chippy who just happened to pop in and talking with him.. He wasn't enamoured with the way they were prepping...

F

Flintstone

I have seen a lot of instances of people tanking a wet room, and only taping the vertical joint and floor to wall joint, not the rest of the area. I'm sure that is what they have done

O

One Day

I had a call from a B&Q manager a couple of years ago, offering me the fantastic opportunity to work with them. (I think he actually meant to say "be exploited by them")
He went as far as to say that he had looked at my website and liked the look of my work. (thanks:rolleyes:)
They were offering...wait for it.............
11 fine English pounds a square metre. No discussion over prep, waterproofing etc - just a straight £11 a metre.
I believe they charge out at around £45 though.
To be fair; it looks like £11 a metre's worth.

F

Flintstone

It's hard isn't it as people who genuinely don't know anyone in the trade or have any recommendations and don't know anything about the job they are having done, they assume a big company like b and w will do the right job and be trusted.

O

One Day

It is a poor job though. I think the boards in the shower area are aquapanel actually, not plasterboard. Although as everyone who knows me knows my opinion - it makes not the slightest bit of difference, because IT'S NOT WATERPROOF!
(bangs head on wall - again)

O

On one

We all have to start somewhere, but this 'tiler' is way out of their depth.
An old foreman of mine had a saying.....''a little knowledge is dangerous''...seems applicable

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of instances of people tanking a wet room, and only taping the vertical joint and floor to wall joint, not the rest of the area. I'm sure that is what they have done
I
It is a poor job though. I think the boards in the shower area are aquapanel actually, not plasterboard. Although as everyone who knows me knows my opinion - it makes not the slightest bit of difference, because IT'S NOT WATERPROOF!
(bangs head on wall - again)

Your absolutely right Imp.. But just the back wall.. Rest is standard 12.5 P board..

T

Tilerdurden

I love how he's managed to achieve those slither cuts. They're going to look amazing......

Reply to Looking for Opinions in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen