Search the forum,

Discuss Lightweight adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Does anybody use lightweight adhesives .
Is all a bit of hype considering most will improve the background weight carrying capacity anyway.
Are they better to handle etc .

O

One Day

Really, if they used something environmentally sound it would be much better. It is a spoiler.
I know other adhesive manufacturers offset their pollution by charging us more though.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I loved Magix, only thing I regret is buying 8 bags when I got 2 pallets of Setaflex.

G

GoneGuy

I had a few bags of magix when it was in a trial period. I enjoyed using it but it comes down to availability for me

D

Dumbo

Magix almost exclusively now. Easier to handle, mix, carry, apply, clean up.
What's not to like?
What about price point compared to your next favourite , and do you get the coverage it claims and what's the shrinkage like

O

One Day

Not noticed any shrinkage. Price is the same kg per kg compared to sandy adhesives I think.
Coverage, I reckon 10kg makes same as 15kg. I've not really worked it out tbh.

Reply to Lightweight adhesives in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen