Search the forum,

Discuss Lifting up victorian tiles to replace water pipes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lana0311

Hi,

I recently bought a victorian house and have now found out that the builders will have to dig up the tiled path to the house in order to replace old lead pipes. I would really like to keep the tiles. I have attached a picture and was wondering the best way to lift them up with minimal damage? I was also wondering how to organise them so that I can put them back after the pipes have been replaced. Since I am renovating the house and adding a loft conversion, I do not have any extra money left to pay somebody to do the tiling. What kind of materials and instruments should I buy to lift them up and clean and then to put them back down after the works are complete.

Thank you very much for your help.

Lana

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 57
E

enduro

Why lift the path, cant you go either side of it? Is that garden behind the hedge, if it is get them to put new pipies there.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
in all honesty lana you will not be able to remove and re fit a path with that type of tiling yourself no chance.

get a pro company in to see if they can be removed,maybe save up for a pro to re fit also later on?

sorry but just being honest

Reply to Lifting up victorian tiles to replace water pipes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen