Currently reading:
Lifting up victorian tiles to replace water pipes

Discuss Lifting up victorian tiles to replace water pipes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lana0311

Hi,

I recently bought a victorian house and have now found out that the builders will have to dig up the tiled path to the house in order to replace old lead pipes. I would really like to keep the tiles. I have attached a picture and was wondering the best way to lift them up with minimal damage? I was also wondering how to organise them so that I can put them back after the pipes have been replaced. Since I am renovating the house and adding a loft conversion, I do not have any extra money left to pay somebody to do the tiling. What kind of materials and instruments should I buy to lift them up and clean and then to put them back down after the works are complete.

Thank you very much for your help.

Lana

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 62

Reply to Lifting up victorian tiles to replace water pipes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.