Search the forum,

Discuss Left handed trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile The World

I've seen lots of left handed tiling trowels about, are there really that many left handed tilers about? Plus, do they actually feel different to a right handed one?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We used to teach left handed tilers with left handed trowels and they did spot the difference but I suppose those that got used to the right handed trowels got used to them as they thought they felt funny. But yes, there's a need for them.

A

alberttrotter1

Im a lefty and there is no way i could use a righty, Whilst i was on my course for the 1st couple of hours i found that the gear was going every apart from where i wanted it.
When the instructor 1st said i could have a left handed trowel i thought he was taking the p**s. I say "Praise the lord" for anything designed to aid the gifted.

T

tiler tom

I am cack handed and as there are 10% of people are lefties then it only goes that 10% of tilers are lefties perhaps more as it has been proven that we are more intelligent!!!!!!

Not much difference to manufacture if youlook as it is only the handle welded at 180 degrees or the baseplate turned over whichever way you look at it.

Nice barnet Albert

A

alberttrotter1

Tiler tom,
You should'nt refer to yourself/us as "cackhanded" - We are gifted, as we are in the minority and minorities in this country get the better deal. SO STAND-UP AND BE PROUD TO BE A LEFTIE.
Long live the lefties.

G

GazTech

A woman said to her husband..."If i died and you got married again, would you let her use my golf clubs ?"... he replied "no she is left handed" !!
icon10.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Left handed trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen