Search the forum,

Discuss lasers .. Dewalt DWO87 or DWO88 ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Morning all ! Iam on the look out for a new self levelling laser as my current laser needs calibrating and not worth sending it off to get fixed, so ive narrowed my options down to 3 lasers , 1st is the ovious Dewalt DW087K , 2nd is Dewalt DW088K with Pulse mode ( no idea what that is ?) and 3rd is the Stabila LAX50 which includes a trypod/telescopic leg kit . the stabila is the cheapest and includes all the extra kit . Dewalts are expensive and would need to buy trypod /pole. wondering what the difference between the 2 Dewalt's are ? and if you have any feed back on any of the above thanks ! :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Never needed a pole for the 087, you can screw plate to a wall easily enough. If mine broke I would replace it again with the same one.

T

trevortine

Morning terry, i would really reccomend hilti for a good laser, miles ahead of the rest, checked free once a year for accuracy. Had mines for four years now, really good sharp line from it. My mate has a dewalt one and the line is about 2mm thick when projected onto wall.

A

Aston

pls180 for me although i always found the line of the dewalt to be fine.
hilti do make good lasers but the pls180 is the best all round laser on the market for that price range imo.

best of luck with you choice.

D

DHTiling

I have the DW08k.. good laser level..

A vid that might help..

[video=youtube;P08dFGqNF2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P08dFGqNF2A[/video]

G

Gazzer

I asked a ceiling fitter about laser levels before I bought mine and he reckoned the DeWalt was best overall ......That was good enough for me as they use them almost continually.

P

Perry

pls180 for me although i always found the line of the dewalt to be fine.
hilti do make good lasers but the pls180 is the best all round laser on the market for that price range imo.

best of luck with you choice.
most guys on shop fitting sites have the pls including me

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to lasers .. Dewalt DWO87 or DWO88 ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen