Search the forum,

Discuss Laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

ScottG13

What laser level do you guys have and what would you recommend as a level to get me started

G

Gazzer

Whenever i hear those words " to get me started" i always cringe. It says to me that you want cheap but these items are precision and you wont get precision cheap. Get a DeWalt DW087 and keep it safe, it will last for years, mine has and it gets used all the time.

P

peckers

as above i have a laser liner one trade tiler sells them. worth its money buy once buy quality....

D

diamondtiling

Got to start somewhere Neale, he might not have a lot of cash to spend.

I would say get the best one you can afford and work up.

:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Hi Scott,

Lets put this into perspective.....

How big is your tool kit at the moment? Have you bought all the relevant cutters and hand tools yet? Washboy? Van? Overalls? Insurance?

There's a lot of gear to get and use regularly before worrying about a laser level:thumbsup: My advice would be to get a decent spirit level and get used to that before diving in on a laser....

If you've got everything, how much have you budgeted for a laser level?

G

Gazzer

Got to start somewhere Neale, he might not have a lot of cash to spend.

I would say get the best one you can afford and work up.

:thumbsup:

I understand what you say Dom but dont you think the laser is presicion ? I have heard of so many people buying cheap laser levels only to find they bin them after finding out they are useless.

Now i see Scott is a newbie , my advice would be dont bother with a laser level. A good spirit level will suit you better. As others have said you need to build up a tool kit, you will always want something new but there are tools you can do without and tools you cant. A laser level you can do without.

S

ScottG13

Whenever i hear those words " to get me started" i always cringe. It says to me that you want cheap but these items are precision and you wont get precision cheap. Get a DeWalt DW087 and keep it safe, it will last for years, mine has and it gets used all the time.

I am starting to build up my tools as i go. Which is what i meant 'to get me started' Saw a stabila level being used today and got me wondering what you guys used.

So basically the more i spend the better it is? When buying a car should i go for the 10k kia or the 7k BMW? The kia cost more therefore must be better and more reliable.??

Just seen the dewalt dw087 for £140. Nice. Just wanted to find out what tools people are using and or recommed.

G

Gazzer

I am sorry Scott , you spend your money the way you like.

As for me , I use the DW087.

S

ScottG13

I am sorry Scott , you spend your money the way you like.

As for me , I use the DW087.

I was looking at around £150 - £200, so the DW087 looks good. I know with most tools you get what you pay for. Just thought Id post to hear your thoughts as you all know your stuff. :thumbsup:

Reply to Laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen