Currently reading:
Largest floor tiles laid

Search the forum,

Discuss Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

this is 3mm wit mesh 300x100 all cuts
full

48284-8625a23bca602083bdd8986dd17f32f5.jpg

48283-300de5d60186b16ad5c90409502a5e8a.jpg

3mm is easy to cut Antonio. The 6mm Magnum is also easy - UNTIL you try and cut across the width.
Very very tricky to break. A stupid design by the bathroom designer!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England

Got them off my mate in clitheroe Lancashire, a independent tile shop,Collins white (@impish didn't like them, but Carl is a very good mate of mine and knows his stuff, been in the tile game for a good few years) some really nice stuff in, they go and source a lot them selfs from Italy and Spain , well they call it sourcing I call it going on the beer for a few days ;)

O

One Day

Got them off my mate in clitheroe Lancashire, a independent tile shop,Collins white (@impish didn't like them, but Carl is a very good mate of mine and knows his stuff, been in the tile game for a good few years) some really nice stuff in, they go and source a lot them selfs from Italy and Spain , well they call it sourcing I call it going on the beer for a few days ;)
Whatcha mean i didn't like them?! Great little showroom and really helpful when i was desperate for some adhesive. It was some pokey little place near Andy that i didn't like. They ripped me off 30 quid for a bag of rapid set! I didn't look 'local' enough. Local tile shop for local people only...!

S

Spare Tool

Whatcha mean i didn't like them?! Great little showroom and really helpful when i was desperate for some adhesive. It was some pokey little place near Andy that i didn't like. They ripped me off 30 quid for a bag of rapid set! I didn't look 'local' enough. Local tile shop for local people only...!
Was it Harp ceramics? ...perhaps they'd already heard of you and thought you'd be able to afford it ;)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Sorry imp , must of had wrong person, happens sometimes at my age, mind blank :(

S

Spare Tool

I can't remember mate - Not Colne - it was nearer Accrington. Some rough old mill building with a tile shop on the ground floor, just off a main road.
Robbed me completely for a bag of rapid set and a can of stainstop.
I think it might have been Cerados ceramics in read mate, sounds like it from description, i never go in there any more after he tried robbing me for £22 for a bag of standard set, said its only £15 in town...he said"well go to Burnley then" never been in since!!

T

Terry the tiler

Hi gents, new poster on the forum although have used this very helpful site many times for tips and info.
I have been tiling around 9 years now but only went self employed in Jan this year. I have never come across anything bigger than 2m X 600. And I turned the job down as the customer wanted them laying in a house corridor around a stair case and he only had 2 spare tiles.
To be honest I've been laying 600X900 15mm limestone this week and my back is in pieces. Wouldn't have thought anything bigger is a 1 man job.

O

Old Mod

Hi gents, new poster on the forum although have used this very helpful site many times for tips and info.
I have been tiling around 9 years now but only went self employed in Jan this year. I have never come across anything bigger than 2m X 600. And I turned the job down as the customer wanted them laying in a house corridor around a stair case and he only had 2 spare tiles.
To be honest I've been laying 600X900 15mm limestone this week and my back is in pieces. Wouldn't have thought anything bigger is a 1 man job.
Well hello Terry the tiler,
Thanks for getting involved.
A few of us fit 1800 x 900 x 5.4 on a fairly regular basis, they can be done single handed, won't deny it can be tricky tho. And they're only 5.4mm thick so comparatively light for their size.

T

Terry the tiler

Well hello Terry the tiler,
Thanks for getting involved.
A few of us fit 1800 x 900 x 5.4 on a fairly regular basis, they can be done single handed, won't deny it can be tricky tho. And they're only 5.4mm thick so comparatively light for their size.
These limestone tiles must weight the best part of 25 kg each. There like paving slabs!!

Reply to Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement