Grout Kerapoxy Cq

Search the forum,

Discuss Kerapoxy Cq in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone on here has used this?

O

One Day

I have. It comes with a paste rather than a liquid resin.
Supposed to be easier to use and it is a little softer, but the wash up is still an issue as with all epoxies.
Tends to leave an oily residue rather than a sticky one.
I don't rate it any better than normal Kerapoxy but I am one of the few (I think) who don't mind epoxy.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Am thinking of using it for my ensuite but I'm starting to think it's overkill and I'm spending for the sake of spending. 2 minds whether to use epoxy or ultracolour with a good grout sealer.

I

Italy

Am thinking of using it for my ensuite but I'm starting to think it's overkill and I'm spending for the sake of spending. 2 minds whether to use epoxy or ultracolour with a good grout sealer.
ultracolor without thinking ;)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
More I think about it UC is the way forward. I want to be cracking on with final fix day after grouting - don't want to be waiting around for a week.

P

Paul72

Hi

I'm currently tiling 2 upstairs wetrooms in a new extension on my own house and am considering using kerapoxy cq.

I've read other threads on here where it's been used on 1st floor timber floors without any problems

I've called mapei and they confirmed that as its epoxy, once cured it had no flexibility.

Has anyone else used it on timber sub floors?

The reason I want to use epoxy us it's impermeable, although I have tanked both wet areas, I have read so many horror stories where water sits under the tiles and gets through etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Paul

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If the timber subfloor is prepped properly it's fine to use. I've decided it's not worth the money and extra work applying it for a domestic shower that has been tanked.

P

Paul72

If the timber subfloor is prepped properly it's fine to use. I've decided it's not worth the money and extra work applying it for a domestic shower that has been tanked.
Yes, I agree with you about it not being worth the extra time and money.....but i think I'll go for it as its my own house.

Reply to Kerapoxy Cq in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen