Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Kerapoxy Cq in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone on here has used this?

O

One Day

I have. It comes with a paste rather than a liquid resin.
Supposed to be easier to use and it is a little softer, but the wash up is still an issue as with all epoxies.
Tends to leave an oily residue rather than a sticky one.
I don't rate it any better than normal Kerapoxy but I am one of the few (I think) who don't mind epoxy.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Am thinking of using it for my ensuite but I'm starting to think it's overkill and I'm spending for the sake of spending. 2 minds whether to use epoxy or ultracolour with a good grout sealer.

I

Italy

Am thinking of using it for my ensuite but I'm starting to think it's overkill and I'm spending for the sake of spending. 2 minds whether to use epoxy or ultracolour with a good grout sealer.
ultracolor without thinking ;)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
More I think about it UC is the way forward. I want to be cracking on with final fix day after grouting - don't want to be waiting around for a week.

P

Paul72

Hi

I'm currently tiling 2 upstairs wetrooms in a new extension on my own house and am considering using kerapoxy cq.

I've read other threads on here where it's been used on 1st floor timber floors without any problems

I've called mapei and they confirmed that as its epoxy, once cured it had no flexibility.

Has anyone else used it on timber sub floors?

The reason I want to use epoxy us it's impermeable, although I have tanked both wet areas, I have read so many horror stories where water sits under the tiles and gets through etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Paul

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If the timber subfloor is prepped properly it's fine to use. I've decided it's not worth the money and extra work applying it for a domestic shower that has been tanked.

P

Paul72

If the timber subfloor is prepped properly it's fine to use. I've decided it's not worth the money and extra work applying it for a domestic shower that has been tanked.
Yes, I agree with you about it not being worth the extra time and money.....but i think I'll go for it as its my own house.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm in same position. But I'm going to use mapei UC and a grout sealer.

P

Paul72

I'm in same position. But I'm going to use mapei UC and a grout sealer.
Yeah, that was my first thought....think I might just be panicking that the worst may happen. Will the mapei uc stick to the metal grill? I've used an AKW tuff form in one and an AKW tri form in the other..... Wanted the linear gully in both but joist layout wouldn't allow!!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wouldn't you want to be using colour matching mapesil there?
Are you doing a full on wetroom?

P

Paul72

Yes, full on Times 2!! To be fair, these are my first wetrooms. I've fitted and tiled many bathrooms but have always used trays, so this is quite new to me. I've read so many different things on here, Most saying not to silicone around the waste.

I'm torn between ultracolour and sealer or kerapoxy. The only reason I'm drawn towards the kerapoxy is due to it being impermeable. Either way, I'll do the whole lot to match in anthracite. Which sealer would you use??

Just started the floor tiles this afternoon. Will get the rest laid tomorrow. Have also put loose wire ufh in. False wall with concealed cistern and wall hung pan.

How far are you on your wetroom?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Paul I missed your post stating wet rooms.
Mine's a little ensuite with a tray.
If I was doing a wetroom in my house then I would probably spend that bit extra and use kerapoxy too.

Reply to Kerapoxy Cq in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks