Search the forum,

Discuss Job put off for now.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just been going through work booked in as i was trying to gain a few extra days to book work in by tightening up on days i have booked in for other jobs..

So got up to Aprils first job.. 8 days doing a trav bathroom with niches/telly etc etc..

Just phoned the customer and he answered.. he has to put job back a bit as he has suspected throat cancer...:yikes:.. well he has had it before and he thinks it is back and awaiting results this week, he didn't phone till he got the deffo it was back but with being poorly the room will not be ready yet anyway and the builder has naffed off ... so he is really stuck for now till he see what the hospital says..

Have you ever had bad'ish news when chasing how job progress is going..?

p.s.. been phoning for ages trying to pull work forward to cover it and also book others in waiting... really feel sorry for this customer. poor sod..

U

user123

God... puts losing a tiling job into perspective, eh.... poor him. Maybe he'll be ok after all, let's wish him well - he doesn't really want an unfinished bathroom either, does he, can't be nice for him ...

As to if it had ever happened to me, not with mosaics, but with translating, a writer whose newly written book I translated at his request died of cancer just before it was published ... the family couldn't agree how to go ahead and the book as well as the translation never got published -- and I never got paid except of the deposit. I didn't even know he was ill, it was such a shock...

D

DHTiling

Well that is his job covered now.. just a couple more to pull forward, then ok to book next lot in....

S

Scott

At least it gives you more time to get work moved around. I had one put off as his MIL had died, what can you do? Just have to rearrange it and put the price up and hope he got left some ££ :yikes:

U

user123

At least it gives you more time to get work moved around. I had one put off as his MIL had died, what can you do? Just have to rearrange it and put the price up and hope he got left some ££ :yikes:

You're all heart...

T

Time's Ran Out

Had a bathroom booked in once and on the day agreed to start I turned up to find another tiler almost finished it.
That's life!:lol:

H

hillhead

I had a bathroom to do in a rush 6 months ago, 200 year old house too !!
Night before i was to start the customer rang to tell me something had come up and she'd have to postpone for now !! haven't heard anything since.
You just know things can happen everywhere to stop plans.
It's just life and we have to roll on with it.

Reply to Job put off for now.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen