Search the forum,

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Ummm.... yes they were cheap..... sooooo cheap i didn't even notice the money leave my bank account... however I am now in debt to the rubi rep and his boss for a favour or two.

Green blade is just a basic for ceramic. going to test it on some other stuff just to see what happens... bronze one is rubi's answer to the ATS EP grinding disc. ECD also testing on various materials though looks like it will tear marble to shreds, and the pads I am doing a comparison to the ATS dry pads and the Sait pads. Sait are definitely the best for marble although they don't give as high polished finish as the tile face. Only way I can get that at the moment is with a 6000 wet pad, but I can't be arsed with the wet and mess. so hopefully the rubi will come up trumps.

G

GoneGuy

Had delivery of this beast today for fixing skirting etc

C3896E2A-88E4-4076-BCBA-79E7FE27346A.jpeg

O

Old Mod

Ummm.... yes they were cheap..... sooooo cheap i didn't even notice the money leave my bank account... however I am now in debt to the rubi rep and his boss for a favour or two.

Green blade is just a basic for ceramic. going to test it on some other stuff just to see what happens... bronze one is rubi's answer to the ATS EP grinding disc. ECD also testing on various materials though looks like it will tear marble to shreds, and the pads I am doing a comparison to the ATS dry pads and the Sait pads. Sait are definitely the best for marble although they don't give as high polished finish as the tile face. Only way I can get that at the moment is with a 6000 wet pad, but I can't be arsed with the wet and mess. so hopefully the rubi will come up trumps.
Doesn’t matter what you use, you’ll never recreate a polished stone as well as a factory piece.
Can’t be done.
Not unless you have access to hundreds of gallons of water and many many tons of pressure.
You can polish for sure, but you can’t get that lustre.

I’ve used the flush cut to polish mitres on Porcelthin, works well. The VDF bronze blade will work also.

O

Old Mod

I used the tutorcut last week, makes life easier and it keeps the blade at 90*. I only used it for a few short cuts but will be using it a lot in the next few weeks
Kool. Interesting to know.
My worry is that as it’s a perfect 90 degrees is that as the blade cutting face comes back around it’ll chip the cut edge behind you.
I tend to ever so slightly undercut when I use a grinder.
I noticed the Montolit STL blades chipped at 90 degrees.

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen