Search the forum,

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

These will help some folk who struggle with self levelling.

I have no idea what they will cost but I saw them the other day and I bumped into the Tile Rite rep today...... (no freebies either)

FLP887-1.jpg

FLP887-3.jpg

FLP887-4.jpg

TileRite - https://www.tilerite.co.uk/general-tiling-tools/miscellaneous-tools/floor-levelling-pegs/
I've often though about something like that instead of drilling and plugging and the associated risks and obs can't do that with underrated screed .

H

hmtiling

These will help some folk who struggle with self levelling.

I have no idea what they will cost but I saw them the other day and I bumped into the Tile Rite rep today...... (no freebies either)

FLP887-1.jpg

FLP887-3.jpg

FLP887-4.jpg

TileRite - https://www.tilerite.co.uk/general-tiling-tools/miscellaneous-tools/floor-levelling-pegs/
VI Distribution - https://www.vidistribution.co.uk/store/results.php?s=Levelpins
I used these before Tom. Very handy when a deep pour is needed. Pricy for what they are though

B

Bill

W

WetSaw

Excuse me if I'm being thick but isn't the scale a waste of time? Surely if you're levelling a floor, not just raising the whole level of a perfectly flat floor, they'll be reading different depths? Has to be better just to use marker pins set level then fill to the top of those.

J

J Sid

Excuse me if I'm being thick but isn't the scale a waste of time? Surely if you're levelling a floor, not just raising the whole level of a perfectly flat floor, they'll be reading different depths? Has to be better just to use marker pins set level then fill to the top of those.

stick them to floor
set 360 laser on floor
measure down from laser line to high stop of floor
say 50 mm reading
you want 5mm of SLC as a min depth
at each stick measure down 45mm from laser line and cut.
if floor is not level this will leave sticks at different lengths
SLC to tops of each stick to turn a unlevel floor to a flat floor

W

WetSaw

stick them to floor
set 360 laser on floor
measure down from laser line to high stop of floor
say 50 mm reading
you want 5mm of SLC as a min depth
at each stick measure down 45mm from laser line and cut.
if floor is not level this will leave sticks at different lengths
SLC to tops of each stick to turn a unlevel floor to a flat floor

So as I said, the scale is a complete waste of time!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nice idea, until they come unstuck when you start pouring and they end up floating about in the slc. :tearsofjoy:

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen