Search the forum,

Discuss Is This Af200? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Hey guys,
It's very rare I'm ever asked to do this kind of work, most remedial stuff is done before I arrive, hence the lack of knowledge! :(
I'm having to make good a bathroom floor that is failing.
Only managed to get a small piece up this afternoon just out of sheer curiosity tbh,
the rest will come up tomorrow.
So after removing a piece of floor to reveal the Ditra, it turns out it's not even stuck to the floor.
But was it at some point?
Is this the remains of a very thin skim of AF200 or something else?
Any ideas?
Cheers
image.jpeg image.jpeg

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It looks like it although I've never lifted ditra again after fixing with it. There's a few other adhesives it could also be, F Ball F44 is one that I use more frequently when sticking to timber. (If over boarding isn't possible)

O

Old Mod

Cheers Pete!
Well as I say it's not actually stuck and both floor and mat are dry with no noticeable residue.
I expected to feel some kind of residue!

I

Ian

Has the fleece come away from the plastic in your pic Marc? Is the fleece still in the glue? I can quite tell on my phone :)

O

Old Mod

If u look top right second pic and enlarge u may be able to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Haha no mate in tact!
Certainly looks like a contact adhesive of some sort, you'd like to think it was af200 but, in all fairness it could be carpet glue! You never know! There do appear to be trowel marks in it so whoever did it had good intentions.

O

Old Mod

Certainly looks like a contact adhesive of some sort, you'd like to think it was af200 but, in all fairness it could be carpet glue! You never know! There do appear to be trowel marks in it so whoever did it had good intentions.
Haha good intentions they may have been ......however this is just one problem in this room alone let alone the other 3 bathrooms with catastrophic floor failures already. And only 2 yrs old, all of them!
Could be a long one! Haha

O

Old Mod

Cheers Bri, a appreciate your thoughts.
Just wanted to be able to have at least some explanation to the client, before I tell him his tray has to come out and possibly all 3 shower walls!:eek:
Because of a different issue altogether! Haha

Reply to Is This Af200? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen