Search the forum,

Discuss Is 4mm grout gap on wall ok? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonty

Just doing my first splashback, in my thinking to get the tile layout good i had to use a 4mm grout gap, but now half way through i thought can i even use this gap on a wall? if i can do i have to use a special grout? thanks for any info

G

Grace'sDad

Technically speaking I guess you should use "wide joint grout" but it's normally very sandy and designed for floors, truly horrible to use on walls.

Personally, in both my bathroom and kitchen I have 4 & 5mm joints and both with standard (good quality - i.e. Bal microflex) grouts.

With small tiles you will get through a lot of grout mind.

Most peeps stay away from large grout joints on splash backs for ease of cleaning, although as with my kitchen - some tiles suit a large joint. Use decent grout and do it properly and I don't forsee any problems.

To be extra safe - always good to use an Admix such as Bal GT1 - increases adhesion and flex.

D

Defy

Mapei ultracolour foil bags is flexible 3 to 15 mm and creamy as you like thats the one for you m8

Reply to Is 4mm grout gap on wall ok? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen