Search the forum,

Discuss Is 4mm grout gap on wall ok? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Grace'sDad

Technically speaking I guess you should use "wide joint grout" but it's normally very sandy and designed for floors, truly horrible to use on walls.

Personally, in both my bathroom and kitchen I have 4 & 5mm joints and both with standard (good quality - i.e. Bal microflex) grouts.

With small tiles you will get through a lot of grout mind.

Most peeps stay away from large grout joints on splash backs for ease of cleaning, although as with my kitchen - some tiles suit a large joint. Use decent grout and do it properly and I don't forsee any problems.

To be extra safe - always good to use an Admix such as Bal GT1 - increases adhesion and flex.

Reply to Is 4mm grout gap on wall ok? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few ways to fix tile to bathroom walls. First you need to prepare the walls for tiling. Note that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.