Search the forum,

Discuss Internal corner tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Can anyone help please. I have just had my shower re-tiled, and there was a half inch gap at the internal corners, which the tiler had filled with grout [he said he couldn't cut the tiles that small]. The grout looked bad, so he has now fitted a chrome corner strip, top to bottom on all four internal corners of the shower.
My questions are:
Is this a "normal" thing to do? {i've never seen this before]
Is there a better option, such as a curved corner tile [if there is such a thing?]
Is the chrome edge a safety hazard?
Thanks for all your help!

O

Olz

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, could you please register as your just showing as unregistered, along with aload of other posts, if you register you'll be able to post in the main forum and get some more specific answers. You'll be able to add some pictures as well so we can see the exact situation, dont worry its free and takes a minute, it also means your questions will post up straight away instead of being invisible until a moderator has a chance to check and approve them so everyone can see them.

Rgds

Oli

G

g.clough

Is this a "normal" thing to do? {i've never seen this before]....hes obviously a cowboy who cant set out properly
Is there a better option, such as a curved corner tile [if there is such a thing?]...you can get curved corner tiles , go to your local tile store and explain you situation(i would get the tiler to pay for it as he aint done his job properly and im sure you paid him good money for the job to be done right)
Is the chrome edge a safety hazard?... i aint seen chrome edge on internal corners of a shower.
Thanks for all your help!

hope you get sorted m8

E

easyt

I'm an amateur but even I can cut a 12mm tile strip if I have to. Would try and plan better though.

Reaction score
Can anyone help please. I have just had my shower re-tiled, and there was a half inch gap at the internal corners, which the tiler had filled with grout [he said he couldn't cut the tiles that small]. The grout looked bad, so he has now fitted a chrome corner strip, top to bottom on all four internal corners of the shower.
My questions are:
Is this a "normal" thing to do? {i've never seen this before]
Is there a better option, such as a curved corner tile [if there is such a thing?]
Is the chrome edge a safety hazard?
Thanks for all your help

Any chance of photographs?

A

aph257

I've been to busy to get on forum for a week, but OMG, did he have is "Chaps and spurs" on? :yikes:

D

DHTiling

If the tiler set out correctly then he would have avoided a small slither like that.

If you are not happy then you need to call back your tiler..

Reply to Internal corner tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen