Discuss Injecting resin under lifting/moving floor tiles? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Koojo

Hi guys newbie here this may seem like a strange question but you guys will no if it's possible or not?

I have a customer who's floor tiles a starting to come loose under foot the grout is coming away the tiler who
Did the job has'moved away' and will not honour the job. The customer states that the same thing happened to her in a property abroad and it was repaired by injecting resin?? Under the said areas ?? I have not heard of this before but she is adamant this is how they sorted the problem? The customer has the high gloss black flecked tiles and does not want them lifted and relayed? As she thinks this will be expensive they'll break she won't get a match(as tiles cover her whole down stairs living area).
can you guys advice on what she is sayin is true??

Many thanks
koojo

S

Spud

there are some videos on you tube showing similar methods as you describe and there are contractors around injecting floors around the uk at the moment ,what the success rate is I dont know and what guarantee if any you receive with this method

P

Peter

Heard a tiler once say he raked two sides of grout out and poured a very watery mix into the join and tapped the tile.. Had set the next day but for how long we will never know.

Any underlying reason why it's boast?

afright

TF
Reaction score
I have done this before on a quarry floor that was laid on a sharp sand and cement that the builder had laid to dry ,he did not want to take the floor up so I mix a slurry of sbr and cement and pour it on the floor it did the job.

J

John Rimmer

An epoxy grout will also work. I have a one liter vetinary seringe that I use to inject the mixture where 4 tiles meet, the corners. The seringe fits there just well enough. I inject as much as it will take, even if it rises through the cracks. It needs 24 hours to set. 40 hours in winter. The mixture should be just thin enough to make the injection process easy. You can get such seringes on the internet, AliExpress or Vetinary supplies. Other types from building suppliers are much more expensive.

Reply to Injecting resin under lifting/moving floor tiles? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks