Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Incorrect Adhesive Used in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I have mistakenly used non-flexible Unibond rapid set floor and wall tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ on my underfloor heating project downstairs in my living room.

I put down tile backer/insulation boards on a concrete base then I laid about 5mm of wickes self levelling compound that is suitable for underfloor heating. On top of this I then used the unibond stuff, which was wrong.

I am a little worried that it's going to go wrong and was wondering what the chances are of it mucking up?

I don't fancy doing it all again to be honest and the tiles seem to be stable so far although they have only been fitted for 4-5 days.

I have seen after googling that it can be real nightmare.

Thanks for any input

OP
K

Kemp8094

Ok,

Back from Greece 2 days ago and I have turned on the heating. I've got it up to 29 degrees gradually and so far so good. It's set to 31 tonight so it must be getting towards the limits of what it can do.

Fingers crossed but I think I may have got away with it.

OP
W

Willtookay

I have just done exactly the same thing! How is your floor looking 7 years on?!

Cheers,

Will
Ok,

Back from Greece 2 days ago and I have turned on the heating. I've got it up to 29 degrees gradually and so far so good. It's set to 31 tonight so it must be getting towards the limits of what it can do.

Ok,

Reply to Incorrect Adhesive Used in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock