Discuss Incorrect Adhesive Used in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

......ok what I should have said was, the first visual sign will probably be grout cracking, :D
Just feel like I'm digging a bigger hole here! Haha

K

Kemp8094

I'd suspect if they used AD1 in standard grout, it'd be super flexible and not crack, but the adhesive still might.

Best to always increase it only be a degree or so a day to running temperature in the colder months.

Never just whack it on full and go for a shower etc.

It's in my living room so no danger of that.

I will see how it goes. As it stands it's ok but you never know when you turn the heat on. I hate removing grout!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd suspect that if it goes wrong, you wont just be removing the grout so you don't need to be too careful if it comes to that.

K

Kemp8094

I will keep you guys updated and post after I get back from Greece as to whether it has worked or not.

If it has worked out this may offer hope to others that have cocked up like I have. Bollox!

Q

Qwerty

What's done is done! Follow the advice given and see how you get on. I've seen far worse mistakes made and no issues so you may be lucky. The solid floor gos in your favour

K

Kemp8094

You don't have to use a flexible c2ft or S1 with ufh , quite a few rapid sets are polymer modified and are suitable for heated (none timber) floors...

So check the spec on the adhesive before you panic.

It says c1ft on the package. Nothing about polymers etc....

Had a look on google can't find any more info.

K

Kemp8094

See pictures, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
J

Just Rizzle

Hello,

I have mistakenly used non-flexible Unibond rapid set floor and wall tile adhesive on my underfloor heating project downstairs in my living room.

I put down tile backer/insulation boards on a concrete base then I laid about 5mm of wickes self levelling compound that is suitable for underfloor heating. On top of this I then used the unibond stuff, which was wrong.

I am a little worried that it's going to go wrong and was wondering what the chances are of it mucking up?

I don't fancy doing it all again to be honest and the tiles seem to be stable so far although they have only been fitted for 4-5 days.

I have seen after googling that it can be real nightmare.

Thanks for any input
what type of tiles did you lay ceramic or porcelain or stone?

Reply to Incorrect Adhesive Used in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks