Search the forum,

Discuss , i need to make up 10-12mm with adhesive can i spot my tiles rather than spread the adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Spot fixing marble runs a big risk of domino spots - and also cracking, as the adhesive spots set at different rates.
A big no no unless those spots add up to at least 90% coverage when bedded.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Use another method to bring the walls out. Don't spot fix.

You'll also need to back skim the marble. And if they are light in colour perhaps use a white adhesive.

Q

Qwerty

Glue & mechanically fix tile backer boards to the walls. This will take up the room you need and provide a solid strong substrate on which to fix your stone using a full bed of adhesive. Marble is not they type of material to fix incorrectly.

Reply to , i need to make up 10-12mm with adhesive can i spot my tiles rather than spread the adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen