Search the forum,

Discuss I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I sold mine , great machine but no good imo for large format,or owt bigger 400mm i think it was , as you have to turn the tile round to cut , if u know what i mean :(
I swopped mine for a montilot cutter , beast of a machine , much bigger than the dewalt but can cut over 1000 mm tiles

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I sold mine , great machine but no good imo for large format,or owt bigger 400mm i think it was , as you have to turn the tile round to cut , if u know what i mean :(
I swopped mine for a montilot cutter , beast of a machine , much bigger than the dewalt but can cut over 1000 mm tiles

660mm cut length without plunging/turning.
Must admit for 1000mm or bigger I don't bother with dewalt and use a grinder.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
660mm cut length without plunging/turning.
Must admit for 1000mm or bigger I don't bother with dewalt and use a grinder.
You can't cut a 671mm in half without it hitting the arm , always got on my boobies .
Length was not the issue really , just the width .
Some like it some don't, its not a crime ;)
Plus i only use my grinder on nearly everything now,

Edited to keep folk happy ;)

Last edited:
J

J Sid

You can't cut a 600 in half without it hitting the arm , always got on my boobies .
Length was not the issue really , just the width .
Some like it some don't, its not a crime ;)
Plus i only use my grinder on nearly everything now,
from blade to arm is 335mm !!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Holy smoke im 33mm out batman:fearscream::fearscream::fearscream: , i aint got one next to me to measure :laughing:as ive said, ive swopped it for another .
So i can now say without conviction that you can't cut anything over 670mm in half without turning it,im not on a 'i hate the dewalt' campaign , its a decent cutter, but not the best cutter for the money imo

Reply to I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen