Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Buying new tile saw. Latest comparison of dewalt vs Tornado in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

honza1

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello lads

It was just over 3 years that I have been using my Dewalt tile saw when it got burned down with all of my tools on New Years ev at Shurgard storage in Croydon. Very heart breaking situation but let's skip that. I basically need to replace everything I had. I replaced My old Rubi TX 700 N with montolit 63P3 as I hardly do anything bigger than 600 mm tiles. I didn't use it on job yet but it looks good and I got many recommendations for it. I am still nervous about the non visual on wheel but fingers crossed.
Now I need to get new wet cutter.
I liked my dewalt but there were several points that I didn't like.
Found it very dificul to move around as its heavy and difficult to store. Very akward Shaped. I used it only several times a year and it was Taking a lot of space in storage.
The set up seems to take a long time and cleaning even longer.
Tray feet too short didn't sit on table without putting something under it.
I didn't have stand, always used saw horses with ply board, so I could get over this point.
Hose nozzle on plastic water pump broke during 1 year (on occasional use remember?) DEWALT dismissed my claim on warranty.
Good points are the performance and decent water guards.
Now I have come across Montolit Tornado and it has some extra features like laser (not necessarily needed but seems handy ). Machine stand folds nicely with machine and it seems very tidy and easy to store. Water tray slides out and empties nicely.
But it doesn't have side water guard and is even heavier than dewalt.
I cant find any newish reviews about this machine. The reviews here are from 2010 when tornado was just launched.
Does anyone have this tornado for some years now and can shine some light on this still mysterious machine ?
It seems to me like it is not much popular because I couldn't find any reviews anywhere.
What do you think guys? Will I have to stick to good old Black and Yellow?
Thank you for your advice .

OP
H

honza1

TF
Reaction score
@Adey1980 I have grinder and started using it but I don't think I can do perfect square cut with it. I don't think it's even possible to do perfect square and Straight line free hand because I am perfectionist. I need to explore this further. What blades would you recommend? And what blades to grind and smooth with? Please advice.

OP
H

honza1

TF
Reaction score
It looks like nobody has the tornado.
Probably, nobody even services them in UK too. Looks like dewalt will stay on duty.

G

GoneGuy

@Adey1980 I have grinder and started using it but I don't think I can do perfect square cut with it. I don't think it's even possible to do perfect square and Straight line free hand because I am perfectionist. I need to explore this further. What blades would you recommend? And what blades to grind and smooth with? Please advice.
Montolit do a grinder attachment called tutorcut which if you use with a straight edge can produce straight cuts, I use montolit dna blades for cutting. Then I got a few different grit pads to rub down any rough edges or rubi ecd blade for natural stone.

OP
H

honza1

TF
Reaction score
Montolit do a grinder attachment called tutorcut which if you use with a straight edge can produce straight cuts, I use montolit dna blades for cutting. Then I got a few different grit pads to rub down any rough edges or rubi ecd blade for natural stone.
Thank you. What sort of grit pads please?
What works on porcelain or hard ceramics? And what on clay tiles?

Reaction score
Hello lads

It was just over 3 years that I have been using my Dewalt tile saw when it got burned down with all of my tools on New Years ev at Shurgard storage in Croydon. Very heart breaking situation but let's skip that. I basically need to replace everything I had. I replaced My old Rubi TX 700 N with montolit 63P3 as I hardly do anything bigger than 600 mm tiles. I didn't use it on job yet but it looks good and I got many recommendations for it. I am still nervous about the non visual on wheel but fingers crossed.
Now I need to get new wet cutter.
I liked my dewalt but there were several points that I didn't like.
Found it very dificul to move around as its heavy and difficult to store. Very akward Shaped. I used it only several times a year and it was Taking a lot of space in storage.
The set up seems to take a long time and cleaning even longer.
Tray feet too short didn't sit on table without putting something under it.
I didn't have stand, always used saw horses with ply board, so I could get over this point.
Hose nozzle on plastic water pump broke during 1 year (on occasional use remember?) DEWALT dismissed my claim on warranty.
Good points are the performance and decent water guards.
Now I have come across Montolit Tornado and it has some extra features like laser (not necessarily needed but seems handy ). Machine stand folds nicely with machine and it seems very tidy and easy to store. Water tray slides out and empties nicely.
But it doesn't have side water guard and is even heavier than dewalt.
I cant find any newish reviews about this machine. The reviews here are from 2010 when tornado was just launched.
Does anyone have this tornado for some years now and can shine some light on this still mysterious machine ?
It seems to me like it is not much popular because I couldn't find any reviews anywhere.
What do you think guys? Will I have to stick to good old Black and Yellow?
Thank you for your advice .

Reaction score
Mate of mine has the tornado used to have the Dewalt says the tornado is a great machine cuts 600 easily as it’s got its own integrated stand sets up easily only comes in 240v so no good on site work!

Reply to Buying new tile saw. Latest comparison of dewalt vs Tornado in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock