Search the forum,

Discuss I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

average

TF
Reaction score
have to look at mine tomorrow, but I think once the tray is on it should hit a stop when you pull it towards you, the wheel shouldn't come of the rail

When I have first 2 wheels on, it glides OK. Wouldn't be able to slide it up to cut point thou without 3rd wheel on. Once 3rd wheel on, and able to push up to cut point, this is when it needs pushed with slight force rather than glides. Defo something up!

Can you check yours to see when putting tray on, and when it comes to putting 3rd wheel on rail, does yours line up perfectly or like mine in the pic!

J

J Sid

just looked at mine, as you say last wheel is of at start of run but mine glides straight on to the bar with no issues.
sounds like something out of alinement. If the first two run smoothly then maybe the last wheel is out.
where did it come from?
need to speak to supplies or Dewalt do a repair/maintenance survive

J

J Sid

Mines got 6 wheels!
3sets of 2.
yes, as has mine. Two stay on guild at start of cut and third set moves onto bar as the carriage moves forward to start the cut. I think its when the third moves onto the bar that it hits, mines fine. Sounds like that third one is out of alinement

average

TF
Reaction score
just looked at mine, as you say last wheel is of at start of run but mine glides straight on to the bar with no issues.
sounds like something out of alinement. If the first two run smoothly then maybe the last wheel is out.
where did it come from?
need to speak to supplies or Dewalt do a repair/maintenance survive

Bought brand new in place in north of Ireland. Was thinking same about wheel being out of alignment. Have a job starting on mon, looks like it's back to using my plasplug cutter :( Very disappointed at this!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not much help as mine looks a bit different (about 8 years old)

20160827_133811.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If I don't set mine perfectly level my tray will slide all the way forward or backwards under it's own weight and it should glide effortlessly.
I know it's hassle you could do without and you wanted it Monday but you need to send it back for a replacement.
They are a really handy cutter to own.

J

J Sid

Bought brand new in place in north of Ireland. Was thinking same about wheel being out of alignment. Have a job starting on mon, looks like it's back to using my plasplug cutter :( Very disappointed at this!
looking at your pic again it looks like that wheel is out of alinement to the left, maybe a simple fix to adjust it over

G

Gonzo1969

Bought mine from new. Sent it back as the side bed wasn't level with the main bed. Next one was better but still not dead flat. Also problem with the sliding action. Took it into my local dealt repair centre and the guy spent 8 hours rebuilding it.

Man what a great saw!!

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There's little adjustable screws on the rails to move the upper portion up and down just adjust it till it glides nicely

Reply to I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen