Search the forum,

Discuss Hows the work situation update.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

just had an idea, been trying to think of firms that deal with people moving in new propertys,wanting their own decor, removal firms, looked in yellow pages ,ive got 8 locally,so ill be phoning monday to c if will hand out cards:thumbsup:gotta be worth a go

some people won't hand out your cards unless they have seen your work,so i would maybe take a portfolio round to them:thumbsup:

L

LM Ceramics

to be honest struggling at the moment especially around here 2 kitchens compnaies i work with arent doing so well and a builder aswell is dead with anyway tiling work and the phone aint ringing ive done alot of leaflet dropping in the last few months and rund around a few firms to be honest ive contamplated asking for a job with i tiling firm i know i didnt want to work for anyone else but its regular money

the main reason im panicking is im being prompted to move out by the parents im hoping it will pick up the signs are there but alot of other tilers im talking too are really quite at the moment preston isnt doing that well so far

D

Deleted member 9966

Lee

come and move to Stoke. By the signs of my job posting a couple of weeks ago, there's a serious shortage of quality tilers in Stoke-on-Trent :lol:

And houses are competively priced :thumbsup:

Liz

L

LM Ceramics

Lee

come and move to Stoke. By the signs of my job posting a couple of weeks ago, there's a serious shortage of quality tilers in Stoke-on-Trent :lol:

And houses are competively priced :thumbsup:

Liz

funnily enough liz ive got family in stoke! it seems like some areas are doing alright and some arent i think preston and chorley is struggling mainly due to the amount of tilers there are

D

diamondtiling

Hi GGR, I am only up the road from you, I know all the lads at Hyde park tiles in Stoke and Stafford but they are struggling too, stafford will be closing if it does not pick up.
The thing is advertising in the sentinal will not bring in any work for me, why use Crewe/Nantwich when they have tilers there, they will not know if they are up to scratch or not.

Reaction score
Off on hols for week then when i get back fully booked till christmas :thumbsup:

3 full bathrooms, 2 full wetrooms, 3 full kitchens, 3 tiling only bathrooms plus a few bits and bobs

all private domestic work

offering the full package has been key in wining these jobs

S

Smithy153

I've only been set up a couple of months but have been steady since I started. Got 50m2 of travetine to grout and seal, or seal, grout and seal to be accurate. Then nothing. Went to do a quote this evening for an en-suite bathroom. First time i've had to quote against other tilers all work so far has been recommends. Guy found my website on google so shows the effort I put into making it is paying off.

Pretty nerve racking though having to wait to hear though. Guess its easier if you have plenty of work on or have been doing it a while. Makes you realise how you could be the greatest tiler in the world but rubbish salesperson and people would never find out.

P

python

i just started signing on again, work was dead for me. really dont know what to do. have an option to re locate so im thinking about it. anyone really busy??

Last edited by a moderator:
P

peckers

I havent had any tiling work for 6 weeks, all the local tile shops are dead, The small builders i sub contract to havent been doing much either, I have been 50 miles away asking in those tile shops and they havent got much either.
Hopefully it will get better, if not then I will have to start looking and travelling further afield and get b+b
Not much down here on the devon/cornwall border:mad2:

Reply to Hows the work situation update.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen