Discuss How to deal with the problem of tiles with big variation of size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

werner

Normally I have to work with tiles varying less than 1-2 mm , but sometimes I have to use tiles with 3-6 mm variation, or/and not squared.

In this cases, I make bigger joints, and use white (or other color similar of the tiles) joint cement.

Even so, I'm not satisfied with the results. Iself think it's no good work, and looks ugly. Even if the customer has the responsibility for the tiles he buy, and until now in all cases also accepted this, I want to learn how to treat this problem.

W

White Room

Before you fit them check the tiles and let the customer know about it and explain the choice they have (opening the joints) or sending them back and get a different tile.

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sounds like you work with alot of B&Q tiles, point it out to the customer and let them decide on the outcome ! It's not your fault for the rubbish that's supplied !

D

dave l and l

that only helps if you are supplying alot of customers like to get tiles themselves
i used tiles last week that were bulk bought for a hotels straight from spain. they were the worst i have used in a long time, diff sizes and miles of the square , i found as long as i stuck to my laser level line and used bigger spacing and wedges it turned out passable
i always make sure the customer actually sees the difference as when you just explain you can tell they think you are at it

Reply to How to deal with the problem of tiles with big variation of size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks