Search the forum,

Discuss How to cut out for toilet waste pipe.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

I was cutting out for toilet waste pipe today and had the camera with me and thought I would show how i do it so newbies and diyers can see an easy way to do it with out to many tools!
The tile was a ceramic one!

Tools used.
tape measure/pencil/parrot nibblers/grindette/diamond blade/safety glasses/square and a piece of waste pipe which i always keep in the van..

How to do. Firstly mark the centre of your pipe onto the tile, then measure and mark equall distance either side off centre lines to find the outside diameter of your hole in this case it was 135mm as it was a joiner collett and then allow en extra 2mm for ease. Then draw a square and then put pipe in the middle and draw around it.

Then take your grindette and cut a square in the middle off the circle removing as much waste material as possible

Now cut around the circle with the grindette to about 2mm depth and then cut lines all the way around it like a combe affect starting from the middle and cutting towards the circle line.

Once all the way around you can now tap the slithers sideways and they will break off and you can then use your parrott nibblers to remove the rest off the waste.

You can then use your grindette to fettle and tidy up any little bits needed by inserting the grindette threw the back off the tile.

And hey presto you have a neat tidy job. :thumbsup:

And this took me about 10 mins including my david bailey shots :smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 403
  • 029.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 369
  • 030.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 031.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 032.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 333
D

doug boardley

nice instructions Peckers, I have a diamond bit the same size as toilet wastes tho:lol::thumbsup:

S

Scott

Show offs! I scribe mine with a glass cutter and take the guard off my wet cutter and plunge it then nip it.

Reply to How to cut out for toilet waste pipe.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen