Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How much turn over has Tilers Forums gained you in the last 12 months? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to start a thread in the trusted forum, for those guys who have access. Please take a look in the next couple of days. (I'm a bit busy for the next few days I must be honest so it might not be today/tomorrow).

There are potential customers on here daily. And let's be honest, most need a good tiler, not just any tiler, we see far too much of 'oh well he said he could do this that or the other' and it goes belly up.

So we need to sort this out.

M

mattle40

I recently re-connected with a tiler I know from a few years back. He recently joined the forum and gave me a weeks work this week and potentially more.

Thanks for all the work you do on the forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We can still do more.

I dare say the regulars don't contact the potential customers enough. From what I can tell by looking at replies o jobs, they're usually not regulars who respond to the work and win the work.

The regulars on the forum perhaps just have it as a string to their bow and when people contact them via their website they perhaps sometimes just see a link from the forum and can scan their recent posts etc before contacting.

I can do more and I'm on it trust me.

Got a fair few websites for London coming up.

I just need to tackle the other forums first they need transferring over to this software because they're archaic in comparison.

O

Old Mod

We can still do more.

I dare say the regulars don't contact the potential customers enough. From what I can tell by looking at replies o jobs, they're usually not regulars who respond to the work and win the work.

I think maybe the regulars are booked too far in advance tbh,
Personally I'm never in a position to bid for work on here.
It's just too short notice, even with two months.

W

White Room

I think maybe the regulars are booked too far in advance tbh,
Personally I'm never in a position to bid for work on here.
It's just too short notice, even with two months.

I've never been booked up for that length of time to be fair Marc, my marketing is crap and my computer knowledge can be dire.

O

Old Mod

It's no joy Mark, trust me!
I even tried to actively reduce it this year.
It's just a pain!
Trying to run to schedule, the phone calls when u know you're not gonna make it.
Gets to a stage where u just wanna say *************************************!
But that's the thing, I certainly don't advertise, and if u google my website u won't find it, and that's by design!
And it's not me being big headed, it's just how it is. Could well be geographical, could be the way I interact with clients, could be I'm too cheap!
I seriously don't know mate!
Don't stop me worrying if works gonna come in either, that worry is there, just like everyone else!

S

SUPERTILER

Hi to all :) I am here I think since last year. How many works I've got using that page - "none" because price what people write in responses is poor... but had a few good advises and glad to see other people works. I just realise maybe I shoud apload some of my works... Just need to make some pictures in future :)...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi to all :) I am here I think since last year. How many works I've got using that page - "none" because price what people write in responses is poor... but had a few good advises and glad to see other people works. I just realise maybe I shoud apload some of my works... Just need to make some pictures in future :)...
I doubt that we don't allow prices in the forum so it would be via private message so you wouldn't know what anybody else it quoting.

The first thing I'd do when responding is book a visit. I wouldn't even quote without seeing the job. So then it's down to you, not always the price.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I picked up one of the recent jobs on here which puts my vote at the top end of the poll from the one job easily. Nice big project that's still on going for me.

That's the only job I've picked up from all the time I've been on the forum.
Unless I include what I've earnt working with Marc @3_fall over the past 2 years? That would probably collate to around the same I'd say.

Not many jobs around my area get posted on the forum to be honest. The one I've picked up recently us the first I've seen, and it's still a 22 mile drive

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nothing for me but like others have said it's through choice as I've never gone after anything that's been advertised! I have had a couple of small jobs through it a couple of years ago though

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Personally i haven't made anything from here but mainly due to the jobs being down South. I have really bothered with any of them, truth be told. I am mostly busy with June, July, October, November and December being the busiest. January being a hit and miss month. May is most often than not my quiestest month. I know a lot of other trades that are quiet May aswell. Cant just be me surely???? lol

Reply to How much turn over has Tilers Forums gained you in the last 12 months? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks