Discuss how many people used ditra drain mat in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnyc

i have been in touch with schluter yesterday regarding a terrace and a path i have to tile.
new screed over old base for terrace and new concrete for garden path.
i was only calling schluter to check that their stance on concrete and screed drying times before overlaying with ditra was still the same.
reply i get is that they recommend ditra drain mat now.
well thats fine but what about the multiple ditra mat installations i have carried out over many years where they said ditra was fine outside.
they said that ditra drain has been the norm for outside for over 8 years .
so i call boydens tiles of croydon who i have an account with for a quote and salesperson who has been in branch for many years says that it is the first time that he has been asked to quote to supply ditra drain.
so what is this all about .
leaves me looking like im out of touch.
has anyone else used ditra drain mat.
not saying anything wrong with it and in fact i am laying stone over their new thin screed system over water pipe in few months.but as someone who uses their products regualarily and they always ask what the project is you would think that they would inform me of what their views are as they update and progress with their new systems

B

bugs183

People get set in their ways Jonny and often don't check to see what's new. I only found out about it by chance.
I've used Ditra Drain and is fab. It completely removes the chance of any water collecting under the tiles if it manages to get seep through. This removes the likely hood of frost damage.
The water will just moves away to the lowest area if laid to falls, and drains away.
Believe me mate you're not outta touch, look at how many people have still not heard of Ditra!!!

J

jonnyc

i understand the ditra drain mat and its a good idea.
just a shame that schluter dont keep any stock of it.
special order .
so either its selling like hot cakes or not much at all
what do you reckon

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi johnny , i can understand why its a special order as the type of install your doing i honestly cant see the masses paying the extra for it even though it sounds excellent..btw good thread i would like to look at this product now

Reply to how many people used ditra drain mat in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks