Search the forum,

Discuss How do you measure success in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

With Alby, if you enjoy each working day you can't ask for much more. Having people you have only known for a week write great letters of recommendation speaks volumes.

W

White Room

I've never been well off, never owned my house, buy and drive my brothers ex cabs that have over 200,000 miles on the clock, cars ar'nt a big thing with me.

I've had some great times and that means more than worrying about other issues in life, my maggie is the dogs nuts and I'm happy with my life.

Mistakes I have made big time but I'm so laid back I could fall over when standing up, could be an age thing though.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wow - this is a deep thread for a Friday night....

Success is surely simply measured by how closely your acheivements match your goals. It may be money, it may be happiness, it may be good health it may be the antithesis of all of these. It is easy to get money but would you be happy doing it....it is easy to be miserable but would you get rich doing it.

Success is a really subjective concept. I think your goals define your level of success in a sociological context.......trouble is if you are not careful your perception of success can define your goals whether you are in exhultaion or depression. That is the bad road IMO.....

D

doug boardley

I've never been well off, never owned my house, buy and drive my brothers ex cabs that have over 200,000 miles on the clock, cars ar'nt a big thing with me.

I've had some great times and that means more than worrying about other issues in life, my maggie is the dogs nuts and I'm happy with my life.

Mistakes I have made big time but I'm so laid back I could fall over when standing up, could be an age thing though.
so how long have you known me Mark?:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

success is where you draw the line in the sand...... not where people expect you to draw it (imo)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Do parrots that don't have beaks always succeed

Reply to How do you measure success in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Nice forum you have here. Seems very helpful. I have some work coming up soon so will post in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen