Search the forum,

Discuss Hollow Sounds and Space under edge of tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

if I understood correctly,
Was the heating turned off an hour earlier?
(that's no good).
buttering, it is not compulsory up to 60cm,
but it is better to do so.
it does not beat the tiles with a rubber hammer,
because the hammer is black ..... :( primitive)
it needs a white hammer.
when using the clamp to pull clips
I'm crying. :(

W

WetSaw

Filming every tradesmen !!
What's the world coming to.
Don't know about anyone else but that leaves a funny taste in my mouth.. :(

I'd have politely declined the job. I can understand the owner if they've had trouble in the past but for me if there's no trust to begin with it's not a good start. I also wonder whether the tradesmen agreed to the video being posted on the internet and how that would look in court if problems arose.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Seriously..... There's no way I would agreed to that either...
Do your homework.... Choose the right tradesmen and if your that concerned take a day off and keep an eye on them.

C

Chris101

The idea of the filming and suggestion actually came from the construction company themselves.
Their website has a video clip of a 2 story extension going up and when discussing the project with them and our past, they said 'you are more than welcome to record the job as well'....

F

Flintstone

filming aside. He's not doing a good job. Cosmetically perhaps yes it might end up looking good, but the essentials aren't good. I'm certain you could lift a tile very easily

C

Chris101

Thank you for all your responses.
Going forward, what would you advise we do?

Should we have a self levelling compound and decoupling membrane installed?
The contract does state a decoupling membrane should have been put down however this clearly is not the case...

I am also not sure if the decoupling membrane does anything to level the floor?

The concrete, wet underfloor pipes and screed on top was all laid 1 month ago.

Reply to Hollow Sounds and Space under edge of tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen